Sunday, April 18, 2010

Book Proposal - Part 2

Well, I finished it. I know, I'm shocked, too. It really wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. This goes back to my hypothesis and I just might be right about this one. The degree of diffuculty writing a book proposal is measured by the level of accessibility of the story. Seriously, the story is quite accessible and the book proposal was *gasp* fun! Go figure.

So, at the risk of sounding arrogant, which I'm really not, I'm feeling pretty good about this book. And, you know, hoping against hope I won't be rejected a bajillion times. But I'll take it all as it comes.

While I continue editing and poilishing up the manuscript and book propsal, I'm searching for literary agents. Yes, oh my god, I'm going there. It's just time and it feels right for me. Especially for this book.

Here's my plan:

1) Finish polishing the manuscript and the book proposal.

2) Find at least 10 names of agents. (Starting with ten names is standard).

3) Write and send out at least 10 query letters.

4) Chew my nails

5) Get at least one positive response then treat myself to a manicure.

From here this can go two ways.

A) Get an agent and celebrate with a bottle of champagne.

B) Get rejected a bajillion times and rather than give up, seek out e-publishers. I already have 2 companies in mind as a back up plan. Hence, why this is point B.

So! This means, at the same time as editing, I'm now collecting agent names and writing query letters which are personalized for each individual agent.

I'm so neck deep in the nitty gritty and have no way of predicting outcomes... I'm blank...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
If you're not a spammer,
I'd love to hear from you.