Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chapter 2

I finished! The story is flowing so beautifully at this point that it didn't take long for me to finish the chapter. I'm hoping the rest the story will be like this.

I'm loving the freedom I'm allowed with this story. I don't have to follow nearly as many rules as I would when writing a story in a real world setting. Rules like, the laws of gravity, etc. Since this is essentially sci-fi, there's so many creative aspects that I can invent. And it's so much fun! I do have to be careful, though. As I said yesterday, fiction still has to be plausible. I'm making it up, but it still has to make sense.

In many ways, writing this story reminds me of writing Eden Fell, a manuscript that only took 2 months. That same fluid ease is there. And that's really nice. Eden Fell is Dark Fantasy, so again I wasn't held back by a real world setting. (Don't expect me to be finished this current project in 2 months, though).

Sometimes I enjoy the challenge of a story set in the real world, and sometimes all I want to do is be creative and make things up. The manuscript I currently have in circulation is very much set in a real world, present day, current social issues. It wasn't the easiest story to write, but I'm content with the final result. So I think I needed something completely different to get the creative juices flowing again. And it's flowing! Yay!

On to chapter 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
If you're not a spammer,
I'd love to hear from you.