Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Why Lily is on Patreon

It's a good question. So I'm going to answer it in greater detail than what's on my Patreon page.

Yeah, that's right. I decided to start a Patreon page today. You can see it here: https://www.patreon.com/lilyauthor

And here's the little video I made to go with my Patreon page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Doa_8DqB0

But enough of the self-promo crap. More about my answer.

I want to connect with followers and give everyone a chance to support my projects. First one of couse, is Cottonseeds. And then I'll just go from there.

I started blogging about 10-11 years ago. At the time, I had no idea what I was doing. Hell, I didn't even have a website back then. Fast forward a decade, and now I have blog, website, social media accounts. Average number of followers/fans/etc, about a 100. Average unique views a day, about 500.

I'm not showing off. Many have far less and I'm aware of that. Many artists/authors/creators have far more than I do. See, I've been so stuck on being an independent nobody with a following of mostly lurkers. Thanks for reading, but you know what? After all this time, I want to meet you. I want you to meet me. I want to hang out and talk with everyone. I don't have the resources to go on tours and do public readings all over the world, though that would be nice. So I'm offering what I can  provide. And I'm asking every fan/follower/lurker, to please stand up. I respect your privacy. I respect you so much that I want to meet you. Let's haung out and have a virtual cup of coffee. (That's a figure of speech, you can drink whatever you want).

So it's not just about the money. It's about community. Help me to build and maintain a Lily community. And if that turns out to be a community of five people, I'm okay with that. If it turns out to be more than five people, well, I'll learn to juggle and we can all laugh at my silly mistakes. :D

(Seriously, have you ever seen a lily flower try to juggle? It's funny shit).

More than anything else, I sincerely, honestly, want to meet you. So, let's hang :)

P.S. If you're as broke as I am, I would still love the chance to meet you. So please don't think just because you don't have a cent to spare, that I'll be a big snob and ignore you. All of you are important to me, no matter what.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
If you're not a spammer,
I'd love to hear from you.