Thursday, April 22, 2010

Too Many Ideas

Wow, I've been blogging a lot lately.

So, now that I've finished the writing part of the manuscript for my next novel, and while I work on editing and preparations for publishing opportunities, I do have several stories outlined I'd like to work on.

Well, more than several...

I find it hard to be objective. At the same time, I find it easy to come up with ideas. With creative writing, I find the possiblities are endless. But deciding on which idea to work on next, is brutal. Isn't that strange? You'd think if ideas come to me easily, that it would also be easy to know what to do next.

I haven't got a bloody clue.

In some ways, I feel kinda maxed out with all human stories. I have several ideas which would involve demonology, mythicalogical creatures, fanstasy adventures, horror mysteries, the list goes on.

I really don't consider myself to be a cross-genre author, exactly. I just enjoy writing all forms of dark fiction, which can include a lot of subect matters.

I guess what I really need is some kind of sytem. I need to find the right questions to ask myself in order to know which story to work on next. I need to be organized.

My ideas are not organized.

In many ways, I'm still learning as a writer. What works for me or the reader, what doesn't, etc. I find it odd when people assume just because you've completed a full story you're also suppose to somehow magically know everything. I really don't.

I wonder sometimes if even seasoned authors feel this way at times. We're all human beings, after all.

I have days when I'm seriously questioning myself and my work. I have days when I'm quite pleased with anything I've finished, be it a whole novel, a chapter, or a short story. And then there are the in between days where my head is full of too many ideas and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Seriously, no clue at all.

Maybe all I need is a magic eight ball...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
If you're not a spammer,
I'd love to hear from you.