Tuesday, July 13, 2010

To Prologue or not to Prologue?

Well, time to bring everyone up to speed on what I've been working on.

General idea: Series of books set in the future, around 2035 - 2050

Theme: Post-apocalypse

Main point of this writing project: I have a lot of theories about what could happen in the future, medically, financially, etc. So, I'm compiling all my ideas into a series of books, all within a fictional context. My ideas are plausible, but I'd have no way of proving them. I'm not a scientist. I'm an author of dark fiction. So, I'm writing fiction.

Right now I'm mainly working on the reasearch needed for the backstory. Here are several things I've been researching so far.

- Evolutionary Psychology
- Volcanoes and volcanic ash
- World geography

And here's a treat for you. This is an image I quickly compiled in photoshop, a visual representation of what I have in mind for this story.



I realize this image might not make sense to anyone else but me. That's okay. This image is all I need to keep things organized.

Now, I do have more than enough research to at least write the prologue for the first book. The first chapter will take a bit more research, though not much. I'm currently trying to decide if I should wait until everything is researched enough or just go ahead and write the prologue. I'm undecided...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
If you're not a spammer,
I'd love to hear from you.