Sunday, August 15, 2010

Web Housecleaning

Nah, not spider webs, those are cool and can stay where they are ;)

I've decided to tweak a few things with this blog. It dawned on me that if I'm going to have these contests, I should make this blog more accessible.

I've added the blog feed to the author page on Good Reads. I didn't know until it was added, there's an option to click "like" for new posts and there are sharing links, so that's good. (Waves at all the Good Reads people).

The advantage to a google blog is once it's created, it's automatically listed in blog directories and web searches. So no need to add the blog there.

I've added a few more "reactions," because only 3 always seemed limiting to me. I couldn't figure out how to do so, but I've done it now. I've also added sharing links for posts. Unfortunately these changes don't show up for the posts that have been already made, but it should all show up now. This post will be a bit of a test.

The hardest decision to make, and I thought about all weekend, was to get rid of Word Verification. The only reason I selected it to begin with was to avoid any spam on this blog (or trolls, or mean spirited brownies though I wouldn't mind seeing one of those, the brownie not the troll). Personally, I hate Word Verification. I always groan when I run into it, and it sometimes it takes me 3 or 4 tries to get it right. So I'm happy to get rid of Word Verification. What I've done is made comments allowed by members only. I figure those who have been commenting are already Followers of this blog, so the only difference should be it's now easier to leave a comment.

Phew. Okay, I think I've done what I can with this blog.

Still working on chapter 3, no updates. I'll let you know :)

EDIT: Apparently I had to do some more tweaking to get the share links to show up. Still can't figure out why it's not showing more than 3 reactions. Will work on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
If you're not a spammer,
I'd love to hear from you.